Autumn performances 2022
Booking is now open for our autumn programme! Click on the links below to find out more and to book tickets:
- Valerie Bloom performance, London, Tuesday 27th September
- Daniel Morden performance, Manchester, Tuesday 4th October
- Frank Cottrell-Boyce performance, Newcastle, Friday 7th October
- Alexis Deacon and Viviane Schwarz performance, Exeter, Wednesday 12th October
- Jon Agee performance, Hull, Thursday 13th October
- Michael Rosen performance, Sheffield, Friday 14th October
- Yasmeen Ismail performance, Milton Keynes, Tuesday 18th October
- Jessica Souhami performance, Ramsgate, Wednesday 19th October
- Jan Blake performance, Weymouth, Tuesday 1st November
- Catherine Rayner performance, Wolverhampton, Thursday 3rd November
- Hilary McKay in conversation with Nicolette Jones, Ipswich, Friday 4th November
- Neal Layton performance, Barnstaple, Tuesday 8th November
- Jo Empson performance, Coventry, Wednesday 9th November
- Kwame Alexander performance, Bristol, Friday 11th November
- François Place performance, London, Thursday 17th November
We've been busy at The Children's Bookshow...
Would you like to work with us at The Children's Bookshow?
We are looking for two new people to join our small and friendly team! Find out more here!
Celebrate National Poetry Day with Michael Rosen
We are hosting a digital poetry event with Michael Rosen on Thursday 7 October to celebrate National Poetry Day. Find out how to book your tickets!
Celebrating author illustrator Jo Empson
Keep up-to-date with what we're doing
Each week during term time we send a newsletter with an update on what The Children's Bookshow is doing. It could be a book of the week focus, news from our events team, a reading list of our current favourites and activities for children to do at home. Sign up below. You can discover more about great children's books by exploring our website and looking especially at our What's Happening? section.
The Children's Bookshow takes children's authors to meet tens of thousands of children, introducing the children to how and why writers write, illustrators illustrate. They give children insights into how they too can transform thoughts and feelings into words and pictures. This is not simply a matter of it being enjoyable, it's a necessary part of what we understand by the word 'education'.
This year The Children's Bookshow will give over 3000 children participating in our programme a free, signed copy of the author's book to take home, thanks to the generous support of Unwin Charitable Trust.