Theatre Performances in 2018
Every Autumn, The Children’s Bookshow brings some of the best children’s authors from the UK and abroad to local theatre venues and gives teachers and school children the opportunity to hear world-class artists talk about their work.
We’d love you to come along!
Find out more about this year's theatre performances for schools:
- The Old Vic’s Bicentenary Celebrations, London, Saturday 12th May
- Michael Rosen Performance, Leicester, Monday 17th September
- Viviane Schwarz and Gitte Spee Performance, Oxford, Monday 24th September
- Neal Layton Performance, Stafford, Wednesday 26th September
- Victoria Semykina Performance, Ilkley, Tuesday 2nd October
- Satoshi Kitamura Performance, Coventry, Monday 8th October
- Rachel Rooney Performance, Wolverhampton, Thursday 11th October
- Alexis Deacon Performance, Manchester, Thursday 18th October
- Valerie Bloom Performance, Bristol, Friday 19th October
- Guo Yue and Clare Farrow Performance, Lowestoft, Thursday 1st November
- Daniel Morden Performance, London, Friday 2nd November
- Patrick Benson Performance, Newcastle, Tuesday 6th November
- Catherine Rayner Performance, Ipswich, Thursday 8th November
- Michael Rosen Performance, Chester, Monday 12th November
- Aurélia Fronty and Franck Prévot Performance, London, Thursday 22nd November
No performances near you this year?
Sign up to our newsletter to be the first to find out about our events next year:
Through reading in particular, pupils have a chance to develop culturally, emotionally, intellectually, socially and spiritually. Literature, especially, plays a key role in such development… Reading widely and often increases pupils’ vocabulary because they encounter words they would rarely hear or use in everyday speech. Reading also feeds pupils’ imagination and opens up a treasure-house of wonder and joy for curious minds.