Theatre performances autumn 2021
Here is our wonderful autumn programme of theatre performances for schools. Click on the links below to find out more:
- Kwame Alexander Performance, Newcastle, Friday 24th September
- Michael Rosen Performance, London, Friday 1st October
- Catherine Rayner Performance, Hull, Monday 4th October
- Neal Layton Performance, Weymouth, Wednesday 6th October
- Natalia and Lauren O'Hara Performance, Stafford, Tuesday 12th October
- Jo Empson Performance, Manchester, Thursday 14th October
- Alexis Deacon Performance, Crewe, Monday 18th October
- Yuval Zommer Performance, Coventry, Tuesday 2nd November
- Kathrin Rohmann Performance, Milton Keynes, Friday 5th November
- Sydney Smith Performance, Exeter, Tuesday 9th November
- Jörg Mühle Performance, Ipswich, Thursday 11th November
- Rachel Rooney Performance, Merseyside, Monday 15th November
- Jan Blake Performance, Margate, Tuesday 16th November
- Valerie Bloom Performance, Wolverhampton, Wednesday 17th November
- Chris Naylor-Ballesteros Performance, London, Thursday 18th November
We've been busy at The Children's Bookshow...
Celebrate National Poetry Day with Michael Rosen
We are hosting a digital poetry event with Michael Rosen on Thursday 7 October to celebrate National Poetry Day. Find out how to book your tickets!
Celebrating author illustrator Jo Empson
Celebrating author illustrator Yuval Zommer
Birds and nature are our focus this week, as we find out more about author and illustrator Yuval Zommer, and his wonderful book The Big Book of Birds!
Enter this year's competition for the chance to win a signed copy of a book from each of the 16 writers and illustrators in this year’s Bookshow! Plus £250 of FREE books for your school library.
Keep up-to-date with what we're doing
Each week during term time we send a newsletter with an update on what The Children's Bookshow is doing. It could be a book of the week focus, news from our events team, a reading list of our current favourites and activities for children to do at home. Sign up below. You can discover more about great children's books by exploring our website and looking especially at our What's Happening? section.
The Children's Bookshow takes children's authors to meet tens of thousands of children, introducing the children to how and why writers write, illustrators illustrate. They give children insights into how they too can transform thoughts and feelings into words and pictures. This is not simply a matter of it being enjoyable, it's a necessary part of what we understand by the word 'education'.
This year The Children's Bookshow will give over 3000 children participating in our programme a free, signed copy of the author's book to take home, thanks to the generous support of Unwin Charitable Trust.