Frank Cottrell-Boyce's live digital performance
Celebrate World Book Day by joining our live digital event for primary schools with the extraordinary author, Frank Cottrell-Boyce. Frank will teach you his top tips for writing a story and harnessing your creativity, read extracts from one of his books and answer questions from the audience. This event will inspire young writers and readers!
- Friday, 3rd March 2023
- 1:30 pm
- Approx. 45 mins
- Age range:
- Years 4, 5 and 6
- £10 for a single log-in, £30 for 5 log-ins, £50 for 10 log-ins
How do digital performances work?
We will broadcast direct into your classroom, using the online platform Crowdcast. You can watch the digital event on the whiteboard in your classroom. There is lots more guidance at the bottom of this page - click the button below!
Frank Cottrell-Boyce was born in Liverpool and studied English at Oxford University, and has become an award-winning author and screenwriter. He has written for TV shows like Doctor Who and Coronation Street and his books have been shortlisted for a multitude of prizes.
Praise for Noah's Gold
Proper, sparkly, witty, enticing storytelling . . . It's perfect.
- We will broadcast direct into your classroom, using the online platform Crowdcast. You don't need an account, just click on the How to Book button above and follow the link to register and pay for the event.
- Our digital events can be watched on the whiteboard in the classroom. You can find a quick reference guide for the optimum Crowdcast experience here. It will take you through some simple and more advanced setting tests which should be done on all the computers that will be connecting to the event to make sure that you will be able to hear and see properly. This is easier than it might sound!
- We are charging a £10 fee for a single login, £30 for 5 logins, or £50 for 10 logins. You can either use a single login for one class, or you could use it to broadcast onto your hall whiteboard to several classes. There’s no limit to the number of logins a school can buy and we think our multiple login deals are really good value (for example, 5 classes of 30 children accessing a live digital author performance for £30 = 20p per child!!!). Please note - you will not be able to use the same login for several computers.
- During the live event there will be a 'chat' function available on Crowdcast where you will be able to comment.
- There will be the opportunity for teachers to ask questions using the 'Ask A Question' button on Crowdcast. We cannot guarantee that all questions will be answered during the event, but we'll do our best!
- Security disclaimer: the event will be password protected and available only to those who have registered directly. However, please note we cannot be held responsible for any views, questions or comments written in the chat.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Katy Webster, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07904 068084