Every child attending this performance will receive a FREE copy of The Storm Whale to take home and keep!
Autumn performances 2023 › Wolverhampton
Benji Davies performance
It is the 10th anniversary of Benji Davies's award-winning picture book The Storm Whale and we are delighted that he will be part of The Children's Bookshow again this year. Benji will be performing at the Wolverhampton Grand sharing his brilliant picture books with the audience and showing children his illustrations on a large screen as they listen to the stories (can you spot how many cats there on the first page of The Storm Whale?) With the chance to ask Benji questions and experience the magic of watching him draw live on stage this performance is sure to give Years 1 and 2 the joy of books and reading!
- Grand Theatre, Wolverhampton, WV1 1DE
- Thursday 5th October
- 10:30 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 1 and 2
Benji Davies is an illustrator, author and animation director. His first self-penned picture book The Storm Whale won the inaugural Oscar’s Book Prize and was Dutch Picture Book Of The Year 2017. His second, Grandad’s Island, won the children’s book category of the AOI World Illustration Awards 2015 and was crowned Best Picture Book and overall Children’s Book of the Year at the Sainsbury’s Children’s Book Awards 2015. His books have been translated into over thirty languages around the world.
Book tickets for an event and receive two free books for your classroom
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
We feel it is so beneficial for our children to have the opportunity to meet authors and to hear them talk about their work. The children themselves are so enthusiastic about reading after these events that we feel they are an invaluable contribution towards our children becoming both skilled readers and lovers of reading.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Natalie McKie, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07827 444399