Each child attending this performance will receive a FREE copy of Noah's Gold to take home and keep!
Autumn performances 2022 › Newcastle
Frank Cottrell-Boyce performance
What would you do if you were marooned on a deserted island with five of your classmates, no teacher and no internet? Award-winning author and screenwriter Frank Cottrell-Boyce has some ideas as he introduces you to his new novel, Noah's Gold, packed with mystery, adventure and laughs. Frank will teach you his top tips for writing a story and harnessing your creativity, read extracts from the book and answer questions from the audience. This event will inspire young writers and readers!
- Theatre Royal, Newcastle, NE1 6BR
- Friday 7th October
- 10:30 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 5 and 6
- £6 per child, teachers FREE
Frank Cottrell-Boyce was born in Liverpool and studied English at Oxford University, and has become an award-winning author and screenwriter. He has written for TV shows like Doctor Who and Coronation Street and his books have been shortlisted for a multitude of prizes.
Praise for Noah's Gold
Proper, sparkly, witty, enticing storytelling . . . It's perfect.
Book tickets for an event and receive two free books for your classroom
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
We feel it is so beneficial for our children to have the opportunity to meet authors and to hear them talk about their work. The children themselves are so enthusiastic about reading after these events that we feel they are an invaluable contribution towards our children becoming both skilled readers and lovers of reading.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Katy Webster, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07904 068084