FREE copy of The Tree for every child attending this performance!
Theatre performances autumn 2021 › Weymouth
Neal Layton Performance
Join Neal Layton for an inspiring morning of drawing and stories.
Find out about his creative process, how he uses collage in his work and the wonderful array of materials that he uses to create his pictures. Neal will share his picture books, Stanley’s Stick and The Tree with the audience and they will be able to see the illustrations on a large screen as he tells the stories. With some live drawing on stage, plenty of audience participation and the opportunity to ask questions, this event will help foster a love of reading and drawing.
- Weymouth Pavilion, The Esplanade, Weymouth, Dorset, DT4 8ED
- Wednesday 6th October
- 10:30 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 2, 3 and 4
- £6 per child, teachers FREE
Neal was born and raised in Chichester, West Sussex and whilst growing up spent much of his time playing in the dirt, making homemade catapults and drawing pictures. Although gaining a place to study science at University, he went to Art College instead studying BA Graphic Design at Newcastle, and MA Illustration at Central Saint Martins. His latest picture book A Climate in Chaos and how you can help was published by Wren and Rook in 2020.
In Praise of The Tree
“Just 51 words elevate our thinking and leave us with a sense of hope.”
EVERY child attending will receive a FREE book to take home and keep
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
My son has not stopped talking about you since Wednesday. He loved you going into his class yesterday and we have read the book you gave 6 times already. For a little boy struggling to grasp reading and struggling to enjoy learning because of his low self belief he sure has been eager to learn more about you and your books. So from me to you thank you for making our boy smile and have huge excitement over reading a book!!! The littlest things make a huge difference.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Marian Keen-Downs, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07572 825704