Live digital broadcast of Michael Rosen's Big 50 Years Show
Join schools across the country to watch Michael Rosen’s Big 50 Year’s Show live streamed to the whiteboard in your classroom from the New Wolsey Theatre in Ipswich on World Book Day. This very special show marks the 50th anniversary of the publication of Michael Rosen’s first book for children, Mind Your Own Business, and 50 years of Michael inspiring generations of children, teachers and families with his poetry and live performances.
Michael Rosen is one of our finest childrenʼs poets and authors, and a passionate advocate of childrenʼs reading. His live performance will be broadcast to your classroom whiteboard and there will be the opportunity to interact and ask Michael questions during the Q&A.
- Thursday, 7th March 2024
- 1:30 pm
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Key Stage 2
- £10 per log in
How do digital performances work?
We will broadcast direct into your classroom, using the online platform Crowdcast. You can watch the digital event on the whiteboard in your classroom. There is lots more guidance at the bottom of this page - click the button below!
Michael Rosen wrote his first poems when he was twelve, and he has been writing ever since. He loves words, and especially loves talking to children and adults about how we can play with them. He has written many poetry collections and books for children and adults alike.
One of our most popular writers - the champion for every bored, overdrilled, tested-to-tears pupil in the land
Don't Tell Your Mother
- We will broadcast direct into your classroom, using the online platform Crowdcast. You don't need an account, just click on the How to Book button above for lots of information.
- Our digital events can be watched on the whiteboard in the classroom. You can find a quick reference guide for the optimum Crowdcast experience here. It will take you through some simple and more advanced setting tests which should be done on all the computers that will be connecting to the event to make sure that you will be able to hear and see properly. This is easier than it might sound!
- We are charging a £10 fee per log-in. There’s no limit to the number of log-ins a school can buy - for example, if you need one for each of 3 classes, that will total £30. You will not be able to use the same log-in for several computers.
- During the live event there will be a 'chat' function available on Crowdcast where you will be able to comment.
- There will be the opportunity for teachers to ask questions using the 'Ask A Question' button on Crowdcast. We cannot guarantee that all questions will be answered during the event, but we'll do our best!
- Security disclaimer: the event will be password protected and available only to those who have registered directly. However, please note we cannot be held responsible for any views, questions or comments written in the chat.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Katy Webster, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07904 068084