Every child attending this performance will receive a FREE copy of Stone Age Boy to take home and keep!
Autumn performances 2023 › Sheffield
Satoshi Kitamura performance
Sastoshi Kitamura’s books are familiar to children and teachers throughout the world. His well known and much loved Stone Age Boy takes the reader 20,000 years into the past to discover what life as a caveman was like! One day a little boy is walking along when he trips, stumbles and falls ... into the Stone Age! He meets a girl his own age and her tribe, and learns all about their way of life. This is one of Satoshi's many classic picture books that are crowded with wonderful drawings of memorable characters. And who better to bring those characters to life than Satoshi himself, here from Japan as a special guest of The Children’s Bookshow? Satoshi will do lots of live drawing on stage, read stories and talk about his books, his work and what inspires him as an author and illustrator. He will also take questions from the audience. This promises to be an unforgettable performance by one of the most brilliant and original illustrators and writers working for children today.
- The Crucible, Norfolk St, Sheffield S1 1DA
- Monday 6th November
- 11:00 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 2, 3 and 4
Born in Tokyo in 1956, from a young age Satoshi Kitamura enjoyed reading comics and illustrated novels. He started his career working in advertising as an artist, and soon made his way to London where he lived for around 30 years. His work includes over 20 of his own books, including the wonderfully imaginative Millie’s Marvellous Hat, and he has contributed as an illustrator to countless more; he often collaborates with the legendary poet John Agard. He translates all of his own work into Japanese and has also translated other authors’ books including the well-known Elmer the Elephant series by David McKee.
Kitamura is one of the world’s most original and stylish children’s illustrators.
Book tickets for an event and receive two free books for your classroom
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
I just wanted to let you know how much our children enjoyed the event and how well organised the whole thing was. Thank you very much and we can't wait to bring even more children along the next time!
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Jo Daley, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07769 216493