Every child attending this performance will receive a FREE copy of Stars with Flaming Tails by Valerie Bloom to take home and keep!
Autumn performances 2023 › Bristol
Jan Blake performance
Join spellbinding Storyteller Jan Blake as she shares stories of love and family. Your imagination will run wild as you follow Jan into Africa and the Caribbean with tales of clever heroes, compelling plots and enchanting songs. With lots of audience participation and the chance to ask questions, this unique and unforgettable event will captivate you from start to finish.
- Bristol Old Vic, King Street, Bristol BS1 4ED
- Tuesday 31st October
- 11:00 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 5 and 6
Jan Blake is one of Europe's leading female storytellers and has been telling stories to adults teenagers and children around the world since 1986. Born in Manchester to Jamaican parents she tells stories from Africa and the Caribbean and has an international reputation for dynamic, witty and exciting storytelling.
Engaging, deeply emotional and at times outright hilarious, Jan Blake’s storytelling is among the best in the world.
Book tickets for an event and receive two free books for your classroom
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
Just to let you know we had an amazing morning. The storyteller was so good, all the students were completely mesmerised by her and I wasn't far behind. Thank you so much. If you ever get chance to see her do.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Liz Neville, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07866 311486