Every child attending this performance will receive a FREE copy of Wild to take home and keep!
Autumn performances 2023 › London
Ele Fountain performance
We're very excited that award-winning author, Ele Fountain, will be performing for the first time for The Children's Bookshow at the Bloomsbury theatre. In this interesting and inspiring performance, Ele will be talking about her life as an author, share her top writing tips and explain how she came to create Wild, her latest page-turning adventure about the destruction of the rainforest. With readings from the book, and plenty of opportunity to ask Ele questions about her life and work, this brilliant event is not to be missed!
- Bloomsbury Theatre, 15 Gordon Street, London WC1H 0AH
- Friday 29th September
- 11:00 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 5 and 6
Ele Fountain is an award-winning writer of contemporary fiction with recurring themes of family, identity and hope. Her books have sold to 12 countries worldwide and been nominated for more than 30 awards. Before writing, Ele worked as an editor in children’s publishing where she was responsible for launching and nurturing the careers of many prize-winning and bestselling authors. She speaks regularly at schools and literary festivals. Ele lives in Hampshire with her husband, daughters, lots of spiders and a stripy ginger cat that thinks he is a tiger.
Praise for Wild
Book tickets for an event and receive two free books for your classroom
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
We feel it is so beneficial for our children to have the opportunity to meet authors and to hear them talk about their work. The children themselves are so enthusiastic about reading after these events that we feel they are an invaluable contribution towards our children becoming both skilled readers and lovers of reading.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Liz Neville, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07866 311486