Each child attending this performance will receive a FREE copy of The Last Giants to take home and keep!
Autumn performances 2022 › London
François Place performance
Join us at L'institut Français to explore the work of French author-illustrator François Place who will be in conversation with acclaimed translator Sarah Ardizzone. François Place is an author of many books including the prize winning The Last Giants, as well as being renowned for illustrating many stories, most notably War Horse by Michael Morpurgo. François will be talking to Sarah about his work, his creative process and the themes and ideas within his books and you will experience the unforgettable magic of watching François draw and paint live on stage!
- Institut Français, 17 Queensberry Place, London SW7 2DT
- Thursday 17th November
- 11:00 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 5 and 6
- £6 per child, teachers FREE
François Place is one of France’s best-loved children’s book authors and illustrators. He was born in 1957 in France, and he studied Graphic Art at the École Estienne in Paris. Some of his first published books were non-fiction, but then in 1992, he published his first children’s book, the prize-winning Les Derniers Géants about an intrepid explorer who discovers a forgotten tribe of giants.
Praise for The Last Giants
Place's delicate, painstakingly detailed period paintings play a significant role in conveying his profound message.
Book tickets for an event and receive two free books for your classroom
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
We feel it is so beneficial for our children to have the opportunity to meet authors and to hear them talk about their work. The children themselves are so enthusiastic about reading after these events that we feel they are an invaluable contribution towards our children becoming both skilled readers and lovers of reading.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Natalie McKie, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07827 444399