FREE copy of The Big Book of Birds for every child attending this performance!
Theatre performances autumn 2021 › Coventry
Yuval Zommer Performance
Join us for a morning of nature stories and drawing with award-winning author and illustrator Yuval Zommer, creator of brilliant non-fiction picture books such as The Big Book of Bugs, The Big Book of Birds and The Big Book of The Blue. Find out how Yuval creates his pictures, listen to him talk about the wildlife that inspired the books and watch him draw live on stage. With the opportunity for children to ask questions this event is sure to inspire children to read, write and draw their own nature stories!
- Warwick Arts Centre, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL
- Tuesday 2nd November
- 11:00 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 2, 3 and 4
- £6 per child, teachers FREE
Yuval Zommer graduated from the Royal College of Art with an MA in Illustration. He worked as a creative director at leading advertising agencies before becoming the author and illustrator of highly acclaimed non-fiction. Yuval's stunning 'Big Book of...' series encourages children to explore and care for our natural world.
Praise for The Big Book of Bugs
The Big Book of Bugs is an example par excellence of the new variety of non-fiction for kids which brings facts and fascination together with fabulous illustration
EVERY child attending will receive a FREE book to take home and keep
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
We feel it is so beneficial for our children to have the opportunity to meet authors and to hear them talk about their work. The children themselves are so enthusiastic about reading after these events that we feel they are an invaluable contribution towards our children becoming both skilled readers and lovers of reading.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Don't forget! There will be a bookstall at this event and the opportunity after the performance for children to buy a book and have it signed by Yuval Zommer.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Marian Keen-Downs, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07572 825704