Theatre performances autumn 2021 › London
Michael Rosen Performance
We are delighted to welcome Michael Rosen to the Shaw Theatre in London.
As one of our finest childrenʼs poets and authors, the fifth Childrenʼs Laureate, and a passionate advocate of childrenʼs reading, Michael needs no introduction. His poetry performances have delighted audiences at The Childrenʼs Bookshow for many years with their humour, wit and verve. Join us for an exhilarating morning of poetry in performance.
FREE copy of Mustard, Custard, Grumble Belly and Gravy for every child attending.
- Shaw Theatre, 100-110 Euston Road, London NW1 2AJ
- Friday 1st October
- 10:30 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- years 3, 4, 5 and 6
- £6 per child, teachers FREE
Michael Rosen wrote his first poems when he was twelve, and he has been writing ever since. He loves words, and especially loves talking to children and adults about how we can play with them. He has written many poetry and books for children and adults alike.
One of our most popular writers - the champion for every bored, overdrilled, tested-to-tears pupil in the land
EVERY child attending will receive a FREE book to take home and keep
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops with poet Rachel Rooney to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
[The Children's Bookshow] gives children the opportunity to meet famous authors and illustrators, an opportunity they would not normally have. It also brings books to life when they understand that the author is a real person, something they sometimes have difficulty in recognising when reading and analysing work. The children thoroughly enjoyed the performance and enjoyed joining in with the performance Michael gave. They were thrilled that he signed the poems, booklets and pictures that they had prepared and there was a buzz when returning to school as they shared their experience.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Liz Neville, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07866 311486