Theatre performances autumn 2021 › Margate
Jan Blake Performance
Join Storyteller Jan Blake as she shares stories of love and family from Africa. Let your imagination run wild and follow Jan Blake into the vibrant Caribbean with clever heroes, compelling plots and enchanting songs. This unique and unforgettable event will captivate you from start to finish.
FREE copy of Tales from the Caribbean by Trish Cooke for every child attending.
- Theatre Royal, Addington Street, Margate, Kent CT9 1PW
- Tuesday 16th November
- 10:30 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 5 and 6
- £6 per child, teachers FREE
Jan Blake is one of Europe's leading female storytellers and has been telling stories to adults teenagers and children around the world since 1986. Born in Manchester to Jamaican parents she tells stories from Africa and the Caribbean and has an international reputation for dynamic, witty and exciting storytelling.
Engaging, deeply emotional and at times outright hilarious, Jan Blake’s storytelling is among the best in the world.
EVERY child attending will receive a FREE book to take home and keep
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
We feel it is so beneficial for our children to have the opportunity to meet authors and to hear them talk about their work. The children themselves are so enthusiastic about reading after these events that we feel they are an invaluable contribution towards our children becoming both skilled readers and lovers of reading.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Liz Neville, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07866 311486