Each child attending the performance will receive a FREE copy of The Suitcase to take home and keep!
Theatre performances autumn 2021 › London
Chris Naylor-Ballesteros Performance
Come and see author and illustrator Chris Naylor-Ballesteros for a morning of stories and illustration. Chris will be telling us about his work as a picture book creator, reading his books, and drawing live too. With the chance to ask questions, this event will inspire children to read, write and draw!
- Institut Français, 17 Queensberry Place, London SW7 2DT
- Thursday 18th November
- 11:00 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 1, 2 and 3
- £6 per child, teachers FREE
Chris Naylor-Ballesteros is originally from Bradford and studied illustration and graphic design at Bradford College of Art. When his children were small he realised he loved the picture books he read to them, and decided to make his own. He lives in France.
Praise for The Suitcase
This beautifully illustrated and wise, gentle tale of tolerance and kindness for fellow humans resonates deeply. I hope all parents share The Suitcase with their children.
EVERY child attending will receive a FREE book to take home and keep
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
We feel it is so beneficial for our children to have the opportunity to meet authors and to hear them talk about their work. The children themselves are so enthusiastic about reading after these events that we feel they are an invaluable contribution towards our children becoming both skilled readers and lovers of reading.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Kate Arafa, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07740 256330