2019 › Newcastle
Daniel Morden Performance
Daniel Morden has travelled all over the world as a professional storyteller, bringing to life the stories and tales that have helped us make sense of our world through the ages. His new collection of traditional stories, Secret Tales from Wales, are tales of enchantment, mystery and danger, where ordinary people triumph through their own bravery and native wit. Join us for a morning of riveting storytelling by one of the Bookshow’s best-loved performers.
- Theatre Royal, Newcastle, NE1 6BR
- Wednesday, 16th October 2019
- 10:30 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 5 and 6
- £5 per child, teachers FREE
Daniel Morden is a master storyteller. He has travelled the world collecting and telling stories, from South Wales to Haiti. (Daniel has always been a storyteller even as a child walking to and from school.) He has been storyteller in residence at both the Royal National Theatre and the Barbican Centre in London, and has adapted stories for the theatre, television and radio. Daniel really enjoys retelling traditional Welsh folktales and his latest book published last year by Gomer is Secret Tales from Wales introducing us to eight secret or forgotten stories.
In praise of Dark Tales from the Woods
Dark Tales from the Woods are the real thing, reminiscent of many of the grimmest Grimms' tales… Gruesome, fantastical and hypnotic, Morden's stories show why the fairy world will never lose its power over our imaginations.
Book tickets for an event and receive two free books for your classroom!
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
Daniel was so funny and engaged the children really well
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Don't forget! There will be a bookstall at this event and the opportunity after the performance for children to buy a book and have it signed by Daniel Morden.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Julia Bayton, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07980 570975