Theatre performances autumn 2021 › Newcastle
Kwame Alexander Performance
Come and be inspired by poet Kwame Alexander, author of award winning books The Undefeated and The Crossover. Kwame will perform his poems and tell children how he overcame repeated rejection to become the successful published writer he is today. His infectious energy and brilliant word play will delight even the most reluctant reader!
Every child attending this event will receive a free copy of The Crossover graphic novel
- Theatre Royal, Newcastle, NE1 6BR
- Friday 24th September
- 10:30 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 5 and 6
- £5 per child, teachers FREE
Kwame Alexander is a poet, educator and New York Times bestselling author, who has won numerous awards including the Newbery Medal for the most distinguished contribution to American Literature for children.
Praise for The Undefeated
Alexander's magnificent anthem to the courage and genius of black Americans is paired with stunning portraits by Nelson
EVERY child attending will receive a FREE book to take home and keep
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops with poet Valerie Bloom to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
We feel it is so beneficial for our children to have the opportunity to meet authors and to hear them talk about their work. The children themselves are so enthusiastic about reading after these events that we feel they are an invaluable contribution towards our children becoming both skilled readers and lovers of reading.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Katy Webster, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07904 068084