Each child attending a workshop will receive a FREE copy of Secret Tales from Wales to take home and keep!
2018 › London
Daniel Morden Workshop
The Children’s Bookshow allocates four free workshops for schools who attend a related theatre performance. Each child participating receives a free book to take home and keep.
In this lively and interactive workshop, Daniel Morden works with children to help them develop their own narrative skills. The focus of the workshop will be on creating a convincing and satisfying story. After a brief introduction and discussion, Daniel will tell a traditional tale. He will then discuss the structure of the story. The children will use that structure to write their own versions.
Daniel has worked with The Children’s Bookshow for many years. His performances and workshops are some of our most popular with children and teachers alike.
- Suitable for:
- Years 5 and 6
The enthusiasm and great personality of Daniel Morden captivated the minds of our children and inspired them to reach their full potential. It was very uplifting watching such a dynamic delivery of creative writing...
What you need to know
- Length of workshop:
- Approx. 1 hour 30 minutes
- Location of workshop:
- We will come to your school
- Number of children:
- Workshops are for a class of 30 children
- Suitable for:
- Years 5 and 6
Please note, a teacher must be present throughout the workshop
- Flipchart or whiteboard for Daniel to write on
- Pens and paper for the children
Book a related theatre performance to be eligible for one of four free workshops
This workshop is allocated to a school attending a specific theatre performance with 30 or more children; visit the performance page to find out more and book:
Are these performances not in your area? See a list of all our events
About Daniel Morden
Daniel Morden is a master storyteller. He has travelled the world collecting and telling stories, from South Wales to Haiti. (Daniel has always been a storyteller even as a child walking to and from school.) He has been storyteller in residence at both the Royal National Theatre and the Barbican Centre in London, and has adapted stories for the theatre, television and radio. Daniel really enjoys retelling traditional Welsh folktales and his latest book published last year by Gomer is Secret Tales from Wales introducing us to eight secret or forgotten stories.
On the day
- Please inform your school receptionist that our artist will be arriving so they can be welcomed warmly.
- A teacher must be present throughout the workshop.
- Make sure that all the materials that our artist has requested are ready and available.
- Please let us know if any of the children have particular requirements, and ensure that their normal carer is present.
- Check that the free books accompanying the workshop have arrived. These books are for the children to take home and keep, and they may like to ask nicely for them to be signed.
- The offer of a cup of tea is often greatly appreciated!
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Liz Neville, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07866 311486