Neal Layton's live digital performance
Join Neal Layton for an inspiring hour of drawing and stories. Find out about his creative process, how he uses collage in his work and the wonderful array of materials that he uses to create his pictures. Neal will share his picture books, Stanley’s Stick and The Tree with the audience and they will be able to see his illustrations as he tells the stories. With some live drawing and the opportunity to ask questions, we hope this live event will help you celebrate the wonder of words and pictures.
- Friday, 5th March 2021
- 11:00 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 2, 3 and 4
- FREE, but with limited places
How do digital performances work?
We will broadcast direct into your classroom, using the online platform Crowdcast. You don't need an account, just a link and a password which will be sent to you by The Children's Bookshow once you have registered with us for the event.
Neal was born and raised in Chichester, West Sussex and whilst growing up spent much of his time playing in the dirt, making homemade catapults and drawing pictures. Although gaining a place to study science at University, he went to Art College instead studying BA Graphic Design at Newcastle, and MA Illustration at Central Saint Martins. His latest picture book A Climate in Chaos and how you can help was published by Wren and Rook in 2020.
In Praise of The Tree
“Just 51 words elevate our thinking and leave us with a sense of hope.”
Our digital events are easy to join, and can be watched on the whiteboard in the classroom. We use a platform called Crowdcast.
You can find a quick reference guide for the optimum Crowdcast experience here.
- We have limited free books to give away for use in the classroom. Sign up early for the chance to get a free copy for your school.
- Not in the classroom or self-isolating? We are live streaming the event to Youtube and when you register with us we can send you the link so children can watch the performance live at home. Or if the timings don't work for you don't worry. Register and we'll send you a recording of the event to watch when the time is right.
- During the live event there will be a 'chat' function available on Crowdcast where you will be able to comment and communicate.
- There will be the opportunity for teachers to ask questions using the 'Ask A Question' button on Crowdcast. We cannot guarantee that all questions will be answered during the event, but we'll do our best!
- Security disclaimer: the event will be password protected and available only to those who have registered with The Children's Bookshow directly. However, please note we cannot be held responsible for any views, questions or comments written in the chat.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Marian Keen-Downs, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07572 825704