Each child attending this performance will receive a FREE copy of Time for Bed, Fred to take home and keep!
Autumn performances 2022 › Milton Keynes
Yasmeen Ismail performance
Join us for a morning of stories and illustration with the award-winning illustrator and author, Yasmeen Ismail. Children will love watching Yasmeen draw live, and listening to some of her stories. Yasmeen will share secrets of her work - the materials she uses to create her books, where she gets her ideas and her top tips for budding writers and illustrators. There'll be time for the audience to ask questions, and every child attending gets a free copy of Yasmeen's book Time for Bed, Fred to take home and keep.
- The Stables, Stockwell Lane, Wavendon, Milton Keynes, MK17 8LU
- Tuesday 18th October
- 11:00 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 1 and 2
- £6 per child, teachers FREE
Irish-born, Bristol-based Yasmeen Ismail is an award-winning author, illustrator and animator. After graduating from art school in Dublin, Yasmeen moved to London where she worked in advertising, animation, short films, before realising her passion for creating colourful energetic children's books.
Praise for Time for Bed, Fred
Somehow, one look at Ismail's shaggy dog, Fred, is enough to make readers grin...
Book tickets for an event and receive two free books for your classroom
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
We feel it is so beneficial for our children to have the opportunity to meet authors and to hear them talk about their work. The children themselves are so enthusiastic about reading after these events that we feel they are an invaluable contribution towards our children becoming both skilled readers and lovers of reading.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Katy Webster, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07904 068084