FREE copy of The Bandit Queen for every child attending this performance!
Theatre performances autumn 2021 › Stafford
Natalia and Lauren O'Hara Performance
"O Bandit Queen!" the bandits cried.
"Little horror! Poison weed!
We'll give you everything a queen could ever need..."
The bandits give their queen treasure, tigers, mischief and mayhem. But sometimes a little girl needs something more...
Come and meet the creators of The Bandit Queen, the incredibly talented duo: the O’Hara sisters. Natalia writes the stories and Lauren creates the pictures. Children will love listening to their stories, watching Lauren draw live on stage, finding out how they created their book and what it is like to work with your sister!
- The Stafford Gatehouse, Stafford, ST16 2LT
- Tuesday 12th October
- 10:30 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 1 and 2
- £6 per child, teachers FREE
Lauren O’Hara is an illustrator and lives in Dublin. She studied Art and Illustration at Kingston University. Lauren's sister Natalia suggested they work together on a picture book, which became Hortense and the Shadow. As well as two books with Natalia, she illustrated Madame Badobedah by author Sophie Dahl.
Natalia O’Hara is a children’s author and lives in London. She studied English at Oxford and Cambridge, and has worked as a journalist, a script developer and a travel writer in five countries. Natalia has written two books, Hortense and the Shadow and The Bandit Queen, both illustrated by her younger sister Lauren.
EVERY child attending will receive a FREE book to take home and keep
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
We feel it is so beneficial for our children to have the opportunity to meet authors and to hear them talk about their work. The children themselves are so enthusiastic about reading after these events that we feel they are an invaluable contribution towards our children becoming both skilled readers and lovers of reading.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Marian Keen-Downs, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07572 825704