Theatre performances autumn 2021 › Ipswich
Jörg Mühle Performance
Join us for a morning of fun, stories and drawing with Jörg Mühle from Germany, illustrator of the story Meet at the Ark at Eight a hilarious retelling of the Noah's ark story featuring three grumpy penguins and a bossy dove, as well as picture book Two For Me, One for You. Jörg will read extracts from the stories and talk to children about his life and work and how he goes about illustrating his books. With the chance to ask Jörg questions and watch him draw live on stage, this event will delight and inspire.
- New Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich, IP1 2AS
- Thursday 11th November
- 10:30 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 3 and 4
- £6 per child, teachers FREE
Born in 1973, Jörg studied at the Hochschule fur Gestaltung Offenbach am Main and the prestigious Ecole Nationale des Arts Décoratifs in Paris, and he has been an author and freelance illustrator since 2000. He is a member of the Labor Ateliergemeinschaft, a studio collective of illustrators, writers and graphic designers. He has written and illustrated the delightful Little Rabbit books for toddlers, as well as illustrated the unmissable hilarious story for older children by Ulrich Hub, Meet at the Ark at Eight.
Praise for Tickle My Ears
Loved Tickle My Ears. Such a gorgeous little book.
EVERY child attending will receive a FREE book to take home and keep
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
We feel it is so beneficial for our children to have the opportunity to meet authors and to hear them talk about their work. The children themselves are so enthusiastic about reading after these events that we feel they are an invaluable contribution towards our children becoming both skilled readers and lovers of reading.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Still have questions? You can find our FAQs here.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Katy Webster, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07904 068084