Catherine Rayner Performance
Join us for a morning of stories and illustration as author and illustrator Catherine Rayner shares some of her award-winning picture books. Children will love seeing Catherine’s characters come to life as she draws live on stage. And with plenty of opportunity for audience participation, this is a unique chance to hear one of our most exciting young picture book creators talk about her work.
Every child attending this event will receive a free copy of Harris Finds His Feet
- Hull New Theatre, Kingston Square, Hull , HU1 3HF
- Monday 4th October
- 10:30 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 1 and 2
- £6 per child, teachers FREE
Award winning author and illustrator Catherine Rayner was born in Harrogate and now lives in Edinburgh. Much of her inspiration for her illustration comes from her pets, but the vision for her first picture book, Augustus and His Smile came from watching the tigers at Edinburgh Zoo! Her most recent book, Arlo The Lion Who Couldn't Sleep is on the 2021 Kate Greenaway Medal shortlist.
Praise of Sylvia and Bird
“Catherine Rayner has a marvellous gift for capturing the souls of animals in a few, rich washes of colour.”
EVERY child attending will receive a FREE book to take home and keep
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
The author was a very suitable choice for the age group: she broke up the hour show into shorter segments to try and hold the attention of the younger children. The workshop was brilliant.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Jo Daley, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07769 216493