2019 › Bristol
Viviane Schwarz Performance
'I don't remember a time in which I did not want to make books, I hardly remember a time where I wasn't making books. As soon as I could make traces on paper, I started folding that paper in half, stacking it up. It's what I do.'
Viviane Schwarz is an author and illustrator who makes books, comics and games. Join her at the Old Vic in Bristol for an exciting morning that will celebrate the joy of reading and drawing. Viviane will read her stories and children will be able to look at her glorious illustrations on a large screen as they listen. Enjoy the magic of live drawing as Viviane brings her characters to life on stage. With plenty of tips, ideas and tricks of the trade to encourage children to work creatively themselves, and the chance to ask questions, this interactive performance is bound to inspire.
- Bristol Old Vic, King Street, Bristol BS1 4ED
- Wednesday, 13th November 2019
- 10:30 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 2 and 3
- £5 per child, teachers FREE
Viviane Schwarz makes books, comics and games. She was born in Germany and studied American Literature and Linguistics at Bonn university before moving to England and studying illustration at Falmouth College of Arts. She has written and illustrated over a dozen picture books and a graphic novel as well as designing games and interactive installations.
Praise for How to Find Gold
Schwarz’s illustrations are truly lovely, from the simple lines of the characters to the stunning double spreads of the discovery itself. This story celebrates the imagination, play and adventure – children (and adults) will be behind Anna and Crocodile all the way.
Book tickets for an event and receive two free books for your classroom!
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
Children were able to ask questions, and both Viv and Gitte drew their illustrations live on stage! Both adults and children were amazed at how they created their drawings.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Don't forget! There will be a bookstall at this event and the opportunity after the performance for children to buy a book and have it signed by Viviane Schwarz.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Liz Neville, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07866 311486