2019 › Weymouth
Michael Rosen's Weymouth Performance
We are delighted to welcome Michael Rosen to Weymouth Pavilion.
As one of our finest childrenʼs poets and authors, the fifth Childrenʼs Laureate, and a passionate advocate of childrenʼs reading, Michael needs no introduction. His poetry performances have delighted audiences at The Childrenʼs Bookshow for many years with their humour, wit and verve. Join us for an exhilarating morning of poetry in performance.
- Weymouth Pavilion, The Esplanade, Weymouth, Dorset, DT4 8ED
- Monday, 11th November 2019
- 10:30 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 3, 4, 5 and 6
- £5 per child, teachers FREE
Michael Rosen wrote his first poems when he was twelve, and he has been writing ever since. He loves words, and especially loves talking to children and adults about how we can play with them. He has written many poetry and books for children and adults alike.
One of our most popular writers - the champion for every bored, overdrilled, tested-to-tears pupil in the land
Book tickets for an event and receive two free books for your classroom!
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops with Rachel Rooney to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
Thanks a lot for putting on a magical show for our children. They loved every minute of the talk by Michael Rosen and feel inspired to write and be just like him.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Don't forget! There will be a bookstall at this event and the opportunity after the performance for children to buy a book and have it signed by Michael Rosen.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
- Please ensure your children have visited the bathroom before the show starts, or ask them to wait until after the performance ends. A constant stream of children getting up to go to the toilet is very distracting for our performers and other members of the audience.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Liz Neville, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07866 311486