2018 › Ilkley
Victoria Semykina Performance
Victoria Semykina is the Russian illustrator of a ravishing new book for children called The Real Boat.
With a thrilling, exquisitely illustrated story, this book is a real find. Victoria will be talking about her life and work as an illustrator. She will show the children how she creates pictures to go with the words, and what inspired her to become an illustrator in the first place. Children will love watching Victoria draw live on stage and playing fun and interactive guessing games as she draws for them. She will be joined on stage by actor Samuel John who will read aloud The Real Boat and bring the story to life as the children look at Victoria's illustrations on a large screen.
- King's Hall, Ilkley, LS29 8HE
- Tuesday, 2nd October 2018
- 1:30 pm
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 1, 2 and 3
- £5 per child, teachers FREE
Victoria Semykina was born in Moscow where she studied painting for six years at the Art Academy. She is fond of travelling around the world and is currently living in sunny Bologna, Italy (where she has graduated from Bologna Academy of Arts).
Book tickets for an event and receive two free books for your classroom!
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Each child participating will receive a free book to take home and keep. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
We feel it is so beneficial for our children to have the opportunity to meet authors and to hear them talk about their work. The children themselves are so enthusiastic about reading after these events that we feel they are an invaluable contribution towards our children becoming both skilled readers and lovers of reading.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Jo Daley, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07769 216493