2018 › Coventry
Satoshi Kitamura Performance
Sastoshi Kitamura’s books are familiar to children and teachers throughout the world. His wonderfully imaginative Millie’s Marvellous Hat is a classic picture book crowded with wonderful drawings of memorable characters. And who better to bring those characters to life than Satoshi himself, over from Japan as a special guest of The Children’s Bookshow?
Satoshi will draw live on stage, read stories and talk about his books, his work and what inspires him as an author and illustrator. He will also take questions from the audience. This promises to be an unforgettable performance by one of the most brilliant and original illustrators and writers working for children today.
- Warwick Arts Centre, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL
- Monday, 8th October 2018
- 11:00 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 2, 3 and 4
- £5 per child, teachers FREE
Born in Tokyo in 1956, from a young age Satoshi Kitamura enjoyed reading comics and illustrated novels. He started his career working in advertising as an artist, and soon made his way to London where he lived for over 20 years. His work includes over 20 of his own books, including the wonderfully imaginative Millie’s Marvellous Hat, and he has contributed as an illustrator to countless more. He translates all of his own work into Japanese and has also translated other authors’ books including the well-known Elmer the Elephant series by David McKee.
“Kitamura is one of the world’s most original and stylish children’s illustrators.”
Book tickets for an event and receive two free books for your classroom!
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Each child participating will receive a free book to take home and keep. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
I just wanted to let you know how much our children enjoyed the event and how well organised the whole thing was. Thank you very much and we can't wait to bring even more children along the next time!
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Don't forget! There will be a bookstall at this event and the opportunity after the performance for children to buy a book and have it signed by Satoshi Kitamura.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Liz Neville, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07866 311486