2018 › Stafford
Neal Layton Performance
Join Neal Layton for an inspiring morning of drawing and stories.
Find out about his creative process, how he uses collage in his work and the wonderful array of materials that he uses to create his pictures. Neal will share his picture books, Stanley’s Stick and The Tree with the audience and they will be able to see the illustrations on a large screen as he tells the stories. With some live drawing on stage, plenty of audience participation and the opportunity to ask questions, this event will help foster a love of reading and drawing.
- The Stafford Gatehouse, Stafford, ST16 2LT
- Wednesday, 26th September 2018
- 10:30 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- 1, 2 and 3
- £5 per child, teachers FREE
Neal was born and raised in Chichester, West Sussex and whilst growing up spent much of his time playing in the dirt, making homemade catapults and drawing pictures. Although gaining a place to study science at University, he went to Art College instead studying BA Graphic Design at Newcastle, and MA Illustration at Central Saint Martins. His latest picture book The Tree was published by Walker Books in 2016.
In Praise of The Tree
“Just 51 words elevate our thinking and leave us with a sense of hope.”
Book tickets for an event and receive two free books for your classroom!
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Each child participating will receive a free book to take home and keep. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
We feel it is so beneficial for our children to have the opportunity to meet authors and to hear them talk about their work. The children themselves are so enthusiastic about reading after these events that we feel they are an invaluable contribution towards our children becoming both skilled readers and lovers of reading.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Don't forget! There will be a bookstall at this event and the opportunity after the performance for children to buy a book and have it signed by Neal Layton.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Jo Daley, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07769 216493