2018 › Ipswich
Catherine Rayner Performance
Join us for a morning of stories and illustration as author and illustrator Catherine Rayner shares some of her award-winning picture books. Children will love seeing Catherine’s characters come to life as she draws live on stage. And with plenty of opportunity for audience participation, this is a unique chance to hear one of our most exciting young picture book creators talk about her work.
- New Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich, IP1 2AS
- Thursday, 8th November 2018
- 11:00 am
- Approx. 1 hour
- Age range:
- Years 1 and 2
- £5 per child, teachers FREE
Award winning author and illustrator Catherine Rayner was born in Harrogate and now lives in Edinburgh. Much of her inspiration for her illustration comes from her pets, but the vision for her first picture book, Augustus and His Smile came from watching the tigers at Edinburgh Zoo! This book was shortlisted for the Kate Greenaway Medal in 2007.
Praise of Sylvia and Bird
“Catherine Rayner has a marvellous gift for capturing the souls of animals in a few, rich washes of colour.”
Book tickets for an event and receive two free books for your classroom!
The Children’s Bookshow will allocate four free in-classroom workshops to schools attending this performance with 30 or more children. Each child participating will receive a free book to take home and keep. Book tickets for this event to have a chance of being chosen to receive this fantastic opportunity.
Find out more:
We feel it is so beneficial for our children to have the opportunity to meet authors and to hear them talk about their work. The children themselves are so enthusiastic about reading after these events that we feel they are an invaluable contribution towards our children becoming both skilled readers and lovers of reading.
- Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance, so that you have enough time to find your seats and and use the bathroom. Our start times are strictly governed by the theatres that we work with and by the start and end times of the school day. If you are unavoidably delayed, please get in touch with your Children’s Bookshow contact as soon as possible.
- Don't forget! There will be a bookstall at this event and the opportunity after the performance for children to buy a book and have it signed by Catherine Rayner.
- Depending on the time of the performance, you may want your children to bring a packed lunch. (Please contact the theatre directly to check if there is a suitable space.)
- Parking facilities vary from theatre to theatre; please check the theatre website for details.
- Please contact the theatre directly for risk assessment information.
Have any questions? Get in touch
Your contact for this performance is Liz Neville, she will be happy to answer any queries you have:
- 07866 311486